What was added? Let’s see.
- A new feature episode, “Of Signs and Portents”, that continues the Lukari story and introduces the Tzenkethi. It’s an okay episode, but a bit disappointing after the fresh approach of the last episode. The story layout is essentially the same one we’ve seen dozens of times: you go to a new system, do some interactive stuff, get into a space fight, get into a ground fight, do some hickey-do, beam back to your ship for another space fight, the end.
- A new R&D School (Kits and Modules).
- A new reputation (Lukari Restoration).
- The T6 Lukari Flying-Triangle ship can be acquired with 1000 thingmies. Same as before, you get 400 from running the Feature Episode the first time, and 40 from a daily Omega Scanning event… which I personally quite dislike. All that flying around, to do my least favorite mini-game in STO three times every day, for 15 days. Ugh.
- A new Tzenkethi Battlezone has been added. I didn’t check it out but Fungi told me last night that it’s currently bugged.
- There is also a week-long, daily giveaway going on. Today unfortunately is the last day, but Cryptic is giving out three T5 ships (Avenger, B’Rel and T’Varo) so don’t miss out.
To be honest, I don’t know how I feel about Cryptic’s interpretation of the Tzenkethi: they have been described in various novels that are quite different than what we see. Cryptic’s Tzenkethi look like Halo critters to me than anything else… there’s nothing inherently wrong with the design, but like the Heralds, they just don’t look very Trekkish.
P.S. On a separate note, apparently the T6 NX-refit is coming out soon as a Lobi ship. There are also rumors of a 9-pack of the T6 Vesta (plus Klingon and Romulan counterparts) that are on the horizon; depending on their features, these might be interesting to get!